Database operations (like attaching a database or upgrading its schema) fail due to collation mode conflicts.
Store's debug logs show errors similar to:
Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation
- You run Microsoft SQL server A in collation mode SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- The server fails
- You install Microsoft SQL server B, but in another collation mode (e.g. Latin1_General_CI_AS)
- You restore a backup of a database that was taken on Microsoft SQL server A to Microsoft SQL server B
- This results in inconsistencies between the collation mode
- GFI Archiver
- Using Microsoft SQL server as the database backend
SOLUTIONEnsure that the collation mode is consistent throughout the server, the database, its tables and columns. The suggested collation mode is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
For the scenario outlined above it is needed to reinstall the Microsoft SQL server B in collation mode SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS and restore the database from backup once again.
The collation mode needs be consistent throughout all components. If it is not, certain operations can fail.