Use the following information related to software and hardware requirements and other important settings to ensure the successful integration of GFI Archiver with Microsoft Office 365:
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plan deployment with configured users.
- GFI Archiver deployment. For information on how to install GFI Archiver refer to the Administrator Guide available for download at the following link: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=MAR_DownloadDocumentation.
Microsoft Office 365 setup requirements
- Registered DNS domain
- Access to the domain’s DNS setup
- Active Directory or GFI Directory domain for the registered DNS domain
- Strong Password Policy for the domain
- Ensure that user accounts on your local domain Active Directory or GFI Directory machine and email addresses in Microsoft Office 365 AD match
- Open outbound ports on your firewall (80, 443, 993, 587)
- (Optional) An email account with a third party provider (such as outlook.com) to use as the journaling mailbox
- For a full list of software requirements for Microsoft Office 365, visit the Microsoft website
Important Directory Service settingsGFI Archiver can use one of the following directory services:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- GFI Directory (Available from GFI Archiver 2015 or later)