When Microsoft Outlook x64 is installed on the GFI Archiver server, the "Download as Email (MSG)" functionality in GFI Archiver fails (for via the web user interface or the Import Export Tool).
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer
- Microsoft Outlook x64 being installed on the GFI Archiver server
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
On the computer where GFI Archiver is installed:
- Stop all GFI Archiver services
- Open the following file in Notepad: ..\InstallationFolder\Store\Data\product.config using Notepad
- Add the following key within the <appSettings> section:
- <add key="UseMAPIUtility_x64" value="true" />
- Start all GFI Archiver services
GFI Archiver requires Microsoft Outlook or CDO / MAPI to convert emails into MSG format. It assumes that one of these components is installed in a x86 version. If a x64 version of Microsoft Outlook is installed, GFI Archiver must be configured accordingly in order the convert emails properly.