You have enabled Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval in GFI Archiver to synchronize the folder structure of the mailboxes into GFI Archiver. However, this does not seem to affect emails which are exported from a Microsoft Exchange mailbox using the Import/Export Tool. Such emails are not displayed in the correct subfolder in the Outlook Connector or under the archive tab within the web interface.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
The issue discussed above occurs if the GFI Archiver Mailbox Synchronization feature is enabled before the Import/Export Tool exports the emails and the option "Export Folder Structure" is not used.
Perform the following procedure to delete the Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval cookie for mailboxes whose emails are not being displayed in the correct subfolder. This will instruct the Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval process to synchronize all the emails in a particular mailbox.
- Stop all GFI Archiver services.
- Open the folder:
- Delete the cookie for the appropriate mailbox. The name of the cookie will include the primary email address for the mailbox (for example UMEWSCook_user1@domain.com.dat)
- Start all GFI Archiver services.
- The Mailbox Synchronization Retrieval feature will now re-synchronize the entire mailbox.
NOTE: This may take a few hours, depending on the size of the mailbox.