While attaching an Archive Store which stores the email data on disk (File Storage) and the binary folder is located on a network share the error 'Email File Location provided is invalid (Unauthorized access)' is generated.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
- Open the Properties of the folder where the binary UNC path is pointing to
- Click the Security tab
- Add the user account you have specified on the UNC path login in GFI Archiver
- Assign Modify permissions to that user
- Save the changes and add the Archive Store again
This error is generated when there are not sufficient permissions assigned to the UNC path where the binary files are located. The user must have read/write permissions.