PROBLEMWhen attaching a Microsoft SQL based archive store creation fails with error:
Failed during: Creating Archiving User
The following error may be found in ..\GFI\Archiver\Store\DebugLogs\ManagementProviders.log:
"error ","ManagementProviders","Error: (MSSql) CreateUser(). Error execute:
;message: Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is too short.
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft SQL server
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Open ..\GFI\Archiver\Store\Data\Product.Config with Notepad
- Add the following 2 lines before the </appSettings> line:
- <add key="PasswordMinLength" value="10" />
- <add key="PasswordMaxLength" value="16" />
- Edit the lines added to have it match your Domains password requirements
- Save the settings
- Restart the GFI Archiver Store service
- Try adding the store again
By default the minimum password length used is 7 characters but if the password requirement has been increased beyond this in the domain the creation of the database in Microsoft SQL server will fail.