PROBLEMConsider the following scenario:
- The GFI Archiver services start
- GFI Archiver runs normally for hours / days
- At some point, users cannot log into the web page anymore
- Users are presented a login screen, but even when entering the correct username and password, the login fails
- Restarting the GFI Archiver Core service resolves the issue for a while
GetDomainsList: The server is not operational.
- GFI Archiver
- Active Directory
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop the GFI Archiver services
- Open the folder ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data
- Open the following file in Notepad: product.config
- Add the following line after the line that reads <appSettings>:
- <add key="DomainCacheTTL" value="-1" />
- Save the file
- Start the GFI Archiver services
- The error can also be due to network issues itself. Please ensure that there are no Active Directory or network issues which cause this and refer to: 'The Server Is Not Operational' Error Message in Active Directory Tools - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223321