When adding / editing an archive store and trying to specify / edit the index path the following error message is displayed:
Search Index File Location specified is invalid
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
- Confirm that
- sufficient disk space for the Search Index Location is available
- no other index is present in the same folder
- anti-virus software has exclusions set and does not scan GFI Archiver folders
- While going through the Archive Store Wizard specify the Search Index Location as either
- the path that contains the healthy index of the database
- or specify a non-existent path (do not create the empty folder beforehand *)
- If you already have a desired path, you can add the following to the index path "\index" (without the quotes). This will create the index folder inside the desired folder.
The folder contains a corrupt index. An index which does not belong to the database or the folder is empty.