Versions / Builds Affected20131111
Problem SummaryError: 'Store test failed: Returned failed' when opening the web page and the FDB file of a Firebird Archive Store is not present in the configured location
TT / JIRAID1818
How to Identify1. When opening the web page the following error is shown: "Store test failed: Returned failed"
2. ..\Store\Debuglogs\Managementproviders.log reads:
2014-03-25,11:36:42,039,1,"#00001090","#0000000A","error ","ManagementProviders","Error: (FB) Getting Schema Details.
;message: I/O error during 'CreateFile (open)' operation for file 'D:\GFIMAILARCHIVER\DATABASES\MA_001_02\MA_001_02.FDB'
;Error while trying to open file
;stack trace: at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
; at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()
; at Store.Management.FBSchemaProvider.GetSchemaDetails(String connectionString, SchemaData schemaSettings, SchemaDetails& schemaDetails)
3. The FDB file referenced does not exist
Workaround / Fix DetailsFixed in MARC2014 build 20140616
- PREFERRED - Restore the "missing" FDB file from a backup to the expected location
- Remove the Archive Store reference to which the FDB belongs to from ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml
- This is best to be done by GFI technical support and NOT the customer
- Ensure to keep a backup of the original MArcSettings.xml
1. Stop all GFI MailArchiver services
2. Edit ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml according to the outline below
3. Start all GFI MailArchiver services
It is recommended to use XML Marker 1.1 (free) for the procedure below. It makes the file easier to navigate, read and edit:
An Archive Store has 2 reference elements within MArcSettings.xml
a. The first is found under
b. One element exists per Archive Store
c. Find the element in which the FDB file from the error is referred to
d. Keep a record of the Guid-attribute (it will be needed later)
e. Remove the complete element in which the FDB file from the error is referred to
a. The 2nd reference is found under
b. One element exists per Archive Store (resp. index)
c. Find the element which contains the Guid-attribute which was noted in the earlier step d.
d. Remove the complete element
Required ActionsUpgrade to MARC2014 build 20140616 or newer