This article describes the error and its resolution wheich occurs when opening the web page and the FDB file of a Firebird Archive Store is not present in the configured location:
Error: 'Store test failed: Returned failed'
2014-03-25,11:36:42,039,1,"#00001090","#0000000A","error ","ManagementProviders","Error: (FB) Getting Schema Details. ;message: I/O error during 'CreateFile (open)' operation for file 'D:\GFIMAILARCHIVER\DATABASES\MA_001_02\MA_001_02.FDB'
;Error while trying to open file
;stack trace: at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
; at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()
; at Store.Management.FBSchemaProvider.GetSchemaDetails(String connectionString, SchemaData schemaSettings, SchemaDetails& schemaDetails)
GFI Archiver Build 20131111
The FDB file referenced does not exist.
The issue is fixed in MARC2014 build 20140616, so upgrade to MARC2014 build 20140616 or newer.
WORKAROUND - PREFERRED -
Restore the "missing" FDB file from a backup to the expected location
or - Remove the Archive Store reference to which the FDB belongs to from ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml Notes: - This is best to be done by GFI technical support and NOT the customer - Ensure to keep a backup of the original MArcSettings.xml
- Stop all GFI MailArchiver services
- Edit ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml according to the outline below:
An Archive Store has 2 reference elements within MArcSettings.xml
- The first is found under
- One element exists per Archive Store
- Find the element in which the FDB file from the error is referred to
- Keep a record of the Guid-attribute (it will be needed later)
- Remove the complete element in which the FDB file from the error is referred to
- The 2nd reference is found under
- One element exists per Archive Store (resp. index)
- Find the element which contains the Guid-attribute which was noted in the earlier step d.
- Remove the complete element
- Start all GFI MailArchiver services
It is recommended to use XML Marker 1.1 (free) for the procedure below. It makes the file easier to navigate, read and edit: http://symbolclick.com/xmlmarker_1_1_setup.exe