When trying to run a search from the Web Interface, the operation fails and the following error is received:
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write, response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled...
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or older
Note: GFI Archiver 2015 or newer should not be affected by this situation anymore as the program detects and renames corrupt profile files automatically now.
- All supported environments
This issue is due to a corrupt cookie file, which often appears as 0 bytes in size.
- On the GFI MailArchiver server, navigate to:
- 2012 and later: ..\GFI\MailArchiver\ASPNET\UI\Profiles
- 2011 and earlier: ..\GFI\MailArchiver\ASPNET\Profiles
- Locate the user's cookie file which appears as 0 bytes in size and delete the file. It will be recreated with a clean version.
Try the search again.