PROBLEMClients like the File Archive Assistant or the Archive Assistant fail to connect to the server with a generic error.
For example, the File Archive Assistant would display:
An error occurred while communicating with the GFI Archiver server.
The following event is logged in the Windows application event log on the server when such a client attempts to connect:
Event ID: 3
Source: System.ServiceModel 126.96.36.199
WebHost failed to process a request.
Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/62476613
Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/Archiver_Services/FileArchiveAssistant.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: The extended protection settings configured on IIS do not match the settings configured on the transport. The ExtendedProtectionPolicy.PolicyEnforcement values do not match. IIS has a value of WhenSupported while the WCF Transport has a value of Never.
Process Name: w3wp
- GFI Archiver
- Using clients such as the File Archive Assistant or the Archive Assistant
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Expand: <server> - Sites - <the site in which GFI Archiver is installed in>, then select Archiver_Services
- Open Authentication
- Select Windows Authentication
- Select Advanced Settings... (on the right hand side)
- Set Extended Protection to Off
- Save the settings
- Run the command: iisreset /noforce