This article describes the issue and its resolution when you are unable to access the GFI Archiver web interface. When starting the website hosting GFI Archiver from Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, you receive the error:
'This Web site cannot be started. Another Web site may be using the same port.'
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
The website hosting GFI Archiver cannot be started due to port conflict.
- Determine what program is using the same port as the website hosting GFI Archiver by running the command
netstat -abnoat the command prompt.
- Perform one of the following:
- Change the other program to use a different port.
- Change the website hosting GFI Archiver to use another port by following the instructions below:
- Change the TCP port for IIS services.
- Reinstall GFI Archiver.
- Create a new website, on a different port, to host GFI Archiver by following the instructions below:
- Create a Web Site (IIS 7)
- Reinstall GFI Archiver, selecting new website during installation.
NOTE: Making changes to website hosting additional sites may impact the performance of other sites.