This article describes the issue and its resolution when event logs similar to the example below are found on the Microsoft Exchange server referencing the journal mailbox:
'Event ID: 1023'
'Source: IMAP Error Event IMAP4SVC'
'Error 0x7da occurred while rendering message XXXXXX for download for user <joural mailbox>'
'Error 0x8000ffff occurred while rendering message XXXXXX for download for user <joural mailbox>'
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 or newer
Error is caused by a corrupt message in the Journal Mailbox that IMAP is unable to process.
- Open the Journal Mailbox using Outlook Web Access or another email client.
- Create a sub-folder on Journal Mailbox.
- Move older emails into sub-folder created above.
- Stop all GFI Archiver services.
- Start all GFI Archiver services.
- Check the event logs for additional errors.
- Confirm messages in Journal Mailbox sub-folder are valid and can be opened.
- Move one message at a time from sub-folder to Inbox starting with the newest message.