Versions / Builds Affected20130704, 20130723, 20131111
Problem SummaryGeneral Settings > Check Now does not find that newer version is available on systems with a comma as a decimal separator (e.g. German)
TT / JIRAID1721
How to IdentifyLet's consider the following scenario:
- Installed is version 9.1 (build 20130723)
- The latest available version is 9.2 (build 20131111)
- You click on the button Configuration > General Settings > Check Now
- The check does indicate that no newer version is available
- Opening the control file on our servers shows that it actually is (http://update.gfi.com/mar/index.txt)
This is happening if the operating system's locale settings are set to a comma as the decimal separator (e.g. on a German system) rather than a fullstop.
Note that it is important that index.txt file on our servers can be opened by MARC. If the connection is blocked the check won't work properly either.
Workaround / Fix DetailsFixed in MARC2014 build 20140616
Check manually on gfi.com
Required ActionsUpgrade to MARC2014 build 20140616 or newer