This article describes the limitation of items and folders in the mailbox while using GFI Archiver Outlook Connector.
- The number of items you can have in a folder within the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector is restricted by the advised limit on the number of items within a folder in a Microsoft Exchange Mailbox.
- Public documentation on this limitation is scarce, however, our testing and the Microsoft Exchange Development Team blog advises to have no more than about 2500 - 5000 messages in any of the critical path folders.
- The critical path folders are the Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, and Sent Item folders.
- Ideally, for optimum performance, these folders should contain 1000 items or less.
- Other folders, particularly custom folders created by the user, can handle having larger numbers of items without largely impacting on the user experience, as long as they are not within the critical paths.