To add the GFI Archiver link to your Outlook Web App:
- Download the package: http://ftp.gfisoftware.com/support/MARC/Skynet/GFI_MailArchiver_OWA_Integration.zip
- Decompress the package contents to the Outlook Web App customization folder. Depending on your Microsoft Exchange Server installation, this might be one of the following folders:
- Microsoft Exchange 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\Customization
- Microsoft Exchange 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\Customization
- Important: If you already have a customized UIExtensions.xml, then do not overwrite the file. Merge both files instead
- Open the file UIExtensions.xml with a text editor (for example in Notepad)
- Replace the GFI Archiver URL with the correct URL of your GFI Archiver Server (http://localhost/Archiver/Archive.aspx)
- Save the changes and close the editor
- Execute the following command to restart the Internet Information Server (IIS): iisreset /noforce
- Integration is not supported in Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 OWA only shows the small GFI Archiver icon by default and not the GFI Archiver text next to it. This is a limitation of OWA itself. OWA Segmentation allows to hide default links (e.g. Tasks or Documents) to free up space for the GFI Archiver link if needed.
- Note that assistance by the GFI technical support team in regard of this topic is limited as such Microsoft Exchange configuration falls outside of the scope of GFI.