This article describes the resolution when you are experiencing one of the following issues:
- Emails are not archived.
- Mailbox Folder Synchronization does not work correctly or does not work at all.
- Sluggishness when loading Archive Stores summary.
- Timeouts may be noticed on databases.
The debug log ..\GFI\Archiver\Store\Debuglogs\ErrorsDAL.log contains a high amount of deadlock errors.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
Deadlock refers to a specific condition when two or more processes are waiting for the other to release a resource, or more than two processes are waiting for resources in a circular chain. Deadlock is a common problem in multiprocessing where many processes share a specific type of mutually exclusive resource known as a software lock or soft lock. The most likely reason for this issue to occur is that when GFI Archiver is uploading/retrieving information to the archive stores using multiple threads, these may try to use the same resources, thus causing these deadlocks.
Limit the threads used to upload items into the Archive Stores to 1:
- Stop the GFI Archiver services.
- Create a backup copy of ..\GFI\Archiver\Core\Data\LogSettings.xml
- Open LogSettings.xml in Notepad and edit the line
- Start the GFI Archiver services.
NOTE: Please refer to the best practices on how to spread data across different disks to optimize performance.