GFI recommends keeping a backup of Archive Stores and the product configuration data. In case of data loss, GFI will not be able to recover your configuration if a backup is not available.
If not using a supported Volume Shadow Copy based online backup software, it is required to stop the GFI Archiver services before the backup starts and to start the services again once the backup is complete. Not stopping the service during a backup by third-party backup software may cause GFI Archiver to malfunction.
In general use the following procedure to back up the components of GFI Archiver mentioned below:
- Stop all GFI Archiver services.
- Create a backup of the Archive Stores which contain email data. Create a backup by following the instructions in Creating Backup of GFI Archive Stores.
- Create a backup of the following Configuration files:
- ..\InstallationFolder\Core2\Data\*.* (version 2013 or older only)
- Create a backup of the Queues. These are items which are still in processing stage. Create a backup of the following items:
- Take a backup of the Other Components. These are specific to each installation and can be considered less vital.
- Start all GFI Archiver services.
- If GFI Archiver does not find any of the above files, they will be created automatically again based on templates.
- Depending on the environment, and especially on its size, this can take a significant amount of time and resources.