This article describes the process to change the polling frequency of a Journal Mailbox and the possibility to configure when messages are downloaded from the Journal Mailbox.
Note: It is not possible to configure a full schedule when emails are being downloaded from the journal mailbox.
Note: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
By default, GFI Archiver downloads emails from the Journal Mailbox every 0.5 minutes. The interval can be changed:
- Stop all GFI Archiver services.
- Open the folder:
- Version 2014 or newer: ..\InstallationDirectory\Core\Data
- Version 2013 or older: ..\InstallationDirectory\Core2\Data
- Open the following file in Notepad: DSSettings.xml
<Settings Interval="0.5" xmlns=""/>to
<Settings Interval="5.0" xmlns=""/>
- Save the changes in the file.
- Start the GFI Archiver services.
Note: When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.