AnswerRetention Policies define the length of time that an archived email is retained in the Archive Store before it is deleted. For example, you can configure GFI Archiver to retain emails marked ‘Sales’ for two years while keeping emails marked as ‘Legal’ indefinitely.
To create a new email retention policy, follow these steps:
- Select Configuration tab and from Overview of current settings, click Retention and Spam Policies label.
- Click Add
- From the Retention Policy wizard, select Email Retention Policy and click Next.
- In the Retention Policy Details screen, key in the details for the new retention policy and click Next. Available options are:
- Policy name: Defines the name for the new policy to be created.
- Email criteria: Defines the conditions that will identify an email as being part of this retention policy. Select Subject, Body, Sender or Recipient from the drop down list and provide the values which an email must match to fall under this retention policy. Click + to add more and - to delete a keyed in condition.
- Enable Policy: Defines whether a policy is in effect or not and if emails are to be deleted immediately or retained for a specific amount of time. Select Enable Policy and select an option between:
- Do NOT retain emails matching above conditions, delete immediately
- Do NOT retain emails matching the above conditions, delete after x days.
- Note: To configure a number of years, specify the number of days. For example, to retain emails for 2 years, key in 730 days and to retain emails for 5 years, key in 1825 days.
- Click Finish.