AnswerThe GFI Archiver Outlook Connector can be deployed in Microsoft Windows Terminal Services and Citrix environments.
This article will explain how to configure the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector in the environments described above.
Microsoft Windows Terminal Services and Citrix
When deploying the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector in a Microsoft Windows Terminal Services/Citrix environment, the 'Data Path Root' must be configured to store the GFI Archiver settings within the user's roaming application data folder. This can be configured via a Group Policy Object (GPO) using GFI Archiver's administrative template (ADM).
The value for the 'GFI Archiver Outlook Connector Data Path Root' within the GFI Archiver Application template must be set to: %ApplicationData%
Please note that:
- This is a variable and must be written exactly this way)
- The 'Data Path Root' cannot be located on a network drive (UNC path / mapped drive). Therefore having it being redirected to a non-local drive is not supported.
Citrix XEN App
The following procedure will explain how to install and configure the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector for Citrix XEN App services:
Installing the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector requires Outlook to be installed. The first step that needs to be done is to create a new profile using the Citrix Streaming Profiler for Windows. The following procedure explains how to create the Microsoft Outlook Citrix profile:
- Open the Citrix Streaming Profiler for Windows
- Start a new profile creation
- Type a name for the profile, 'Outlook' for example
- User profile security can be left default
- Check the target operating systems that you want to be supported in the profile
- Select the Quick install option
- As the installation program, choose the path to the installer of Microsoft Office Outlook
- Launch the installer and complete the installation process of Microsoft Office Outlook
- Complete the wizard by selecting the default options
- Save the profile in the UNC path reserved for Citrix profiles
Once the Citrix profile is saved, the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector can be added using the following procedure:
- Open the profile you created earlier using Microsoft Office Outlook
- Select the operating system targets and execute Update/Install Application
- In the upgrade wizard, follow the same steps described above except that the path to the installation package must be the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector
- The GFI Archiver Outlook Connector will install and register itself inside the Outlook profile
- Save the profile in the UNC path reserved for Citrix profiles.
Finally, the Citrix profile that contains the Outlook and the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector installed, can be published using the following steps:
- Open the Citrix Access Management Console
- Select the Presentation Server that will host the profile
- Select the Applications node and execute the Publish Application task
- Enter a name for the published application, for example 'Outlook'
- Choose the type of the application to publish as below:
- Application type: Streamed if possible, otherwise accessed from a server
- Server application type: Streamed to server
- Specify the application location by browsing to the UNC address where the profile is saved. It will auto complete the application to be launched.
- Leave the Offline access setting to default
- Add the current Presentation Server from the selection dialog
- Configure users that have access to this published application
- Enter the Client application folder property, for example 'Office', and select the options Add to Client Start Menu and Add shortcut to the client's desktop
- Finish publication
The published application will appear on the client's desktop. Launch Microsoft Office Outlook and complete the wizard dialog requesting for an Outlook profile. Add the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector store and the URL for the GFI Archiver server and enter the user s credentials.
- The deployment of the GFI Archiver connector was tested on:
- Citrix Server 4.5
- Citrix Management Console 220.127.116.11
- Citrix Streaming Profiler for Windows 1.1.3600
- The Citrix deployment described above has been tested on a 'Streamed to server' configuration. 'Streamed to client' configurations are not supported by GFI Archiver