- GFI MailArchiver 2013 R2 and later
When an email is visible in GFI Archiver, any recipients in that email are shown, even those recipients in the BCC field. The BCC field can be hidden for normal email users. This is possible by performing the following steps:
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Open the following file in Notepad: ..\Archiver\ASPNET\UI\web.config.
- Search for the following line: <add key="HideBCCForNormalUsers" value="false"/>
- Note: By default this key is set to false.
- Set the value to true to hide BCC field for users that do not have the View All Emails permission