This article describes the process to move binary files from one location to another.
Follow the steps mentioned below to move the binary files of an archive store from one file location to a new location:
- From the GFI Archiver web interface, select Configuration > Mail Servers to Archive > highlight the Journal Mailbox > select Deactivate.
- Wait some time, approximately 15 minutes, to ensure that the archiving process has finished. It is recommended to check the following directories and ensure they are empty before proceeding:
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Stores > highlight the Archive Store being moved > select Summary.
- Note the paths listed (best to take a screenshot).
- Click Detach to detach the Archive Store.
- Back up the Binary folders (this is optional but always a safe step to take).
- Copy/move the binary folders from old location to new location.
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Stores > Attach to attach the store pointing to the new binary location.