This article will provide details on the options available when making changes to existing Archive stores. This can be changing the name of the Archive store, blocking search access, making the database read only or preventing further archiving in a specific database.
- Launch the Archive Console
- Click Configuration > Archive Stores
- Select Configuration tab, and click Archive Stores.
- Select an existing Archive Store and click .
- In the Configuration screen, perform one of the following:
Option Description Archive Store Name Move cursor in this field and type to edit the current name. Allow users to browse and search the archive store Select to enable users to search within this particular Archive Store. Read-only access Enable this option to stop emails from being deleted from the selected Archive Store (when Email Deletion is enabled). While emails can be viewed, new emails are not archived. Additionally, users are also prevented from adding labels to archived emails. Do not archive more emails in this Archive Store When enabled, no further emails are archived in the selected Archive Store and it is marked as 'Full'. If Email Deletion is enabled, users are able to remove emails from this Archive Store. Additionally, users are able to add labels to archived emails. A new archive store will be created when new emails need to be archived to that particular date range.
Click Finish to save changes and exit the wizard or Next to edit additional details related to the existing Archive Store.
Depending on the change made to the Archive store different items will need to be checked.
- If changing the name, verify the new name is showing under Configuration > Archive Stores.
- If browse and search has been disabled, then verify access to the store by navigating to the Archive tab and attempt to verify if mail located within this store is able to be found.
- Alternatively, if you have set the database to Read-only or Do not archive more emails on the current database, then a new Archive store for any new emails that would be archived during this period should be created with the settings from New Archive Store settings. If set on an older database a new database will not be created unless a new email needs to be archived for that particular date range.