The import process does not proceed and appears to hang with the Import Export Tool showing one of the following messages:
- The GFI Archiver Import Service is not running
- The number of files in the process queue is growing large. Export processes have been paused to give some time to the GFI MailArchiver Import Service to process the email backlog
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
The GFI Archiver Import Service is not running.
Ensure that the GFI Archiver Import Service is started:
- From the Administrative Tools, open the Services console
- Ensure that the GFI Archiver Import Service is started. Should the service not be started, right click on it and select Start
The number of files in the process queue is growing large. Export processes have been paused to give some time to the GFI MailArchiver Import Service to process the email backlog.
- This situation should not occur anymore on GFI MailArchiver 2012 or newer
- Navigate to ..\GFI\MailArchiver\MAIS\Pickup folder (Large amount of files inside this folder could indicate a problem uploading to the Archive Store)
- Ensure that the GFI MailArchiver directory is excluded from virus scanning software.
- Ensure that GFI MailArchiver has a stable connection to Microsoft SQL server and that Microsoft SQL Server has enough resources to cope with the load.
- Set the auto-growth settings of both the data and the transaction log files to a fixed value in megabytes, instead of a percentage value. Recommended values are 100 MB for the Data Files and 10 Mb for the Transaction Logs.
- Ensure that the Maximum file size option for both data and transaction files is left to ‘Unrestricted file growth’.
- Ensure that there is enough disk space on the server where the GFI MailArchiver Import Service is running.
- The GFI Archiver Import Service is stopped
- GFI MailArchiver is not able to archive emails in the databases. This results in emails backing up in the ..\GFI\MailArchiver\MAIS\Pickup and Queue folder. When the amount of emails in this folder reaches a threshold, the Import Export Tool will pause