- When using GFI Archiver with a Microsoft Office 365 mailbox, responses to 'read receipts' are sent out by the journaling mailbox.
- When emails sent with a request for a read receipt are removed from journaling mailbox and archived by GFI Archiver, the following error is generated, regardless of whether the intended recipient of the email read it or not:
Your email was deleted without being read.
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft Office 365
Because of how GFI Archiver removes messages from the journal mailbox, emails that are sent with a request for a read receipt generate an automatic reply saying the email was deleted without being read, regardless of whether the intended recipient of the email read it or not.
Create these rules in the order as outlined below for your Office 365 Journaling Mailbox:
- Disable notifications for read-receipts requests for incoming emails
- Disable read-receipts notifications for emails sent by external senders
- Disable read-receipts notifications for emails sent by the journaling mailbox itself
Setting up a Journaling Mailbox in Office 365 for GFI Archiver