This article describes the error and its resolution, which occurs when browsing the emails via the Archive page, and the same set of emails is always displayed no matter which folder is selected.
The application event log on the Archiver server shows the following entry (shortened):
Log Name: Application
Source: ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0
Event ID: 1309
Event code: 3004
Event message: Post size exceeded allowed limits. or Maximum request length exceeded.
Other symptoms are:
- The hint in the search input field on the archive page does not change dynamically to match the currently selected folder.
- Clicking the red cross icon to remove another user's mailbox from the archive page does not remove it.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
IIS is configured in a way that the browser accessing the webpage cannot pass sufficient data to IIS.
Note: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Open the folder
- Create a backup of the file web.config.
- Open web.config in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Locate the line that begins with:
- The line should contain the following key by default:
maxRequestLength="4096"and increase its value so the key reads:
- Save the file.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- The value can be increased even further as the stated 8192 if needed.