An issue has been found where this tool corrupts certain folder data when the tool is used to move a folder directly into a system folder (that is \Inbox or \Sent Items or \Deleted Items). Therefore it is recommended not to perform such a move at the moment. Moving a folder to a non-system folder is safe.
If a such a problematic move is urgently needed, please consult PSG and mention the reference TT2982.
Example of a problematic move operations:
- \Inbox\ProjectX to \Inbox
- \Inbox\ProjectX to \Sent Items
- \Inbox\ProjectX to \Deleted Items
- \Inbox\ProjectX to \Inbox\ProjectY
- \Inbox\ProjectX to \Inbox\Completed\ProjectX
- \ProjectX to \Sent Items\ProjectX
The MoveFolder tool is used to move a folder within the GFI Archiver mailbox of a user.
- UserA has the following folder in their Microsoft Exchange mailbox: \Inbox\ProjectX
- Emails which UserA moves in this folder are synchronized into GFI Archiver via the Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval feature
- UserA deletes some emails from \Inbox\ProjectX
- When a project is complete, UserA moves the subfolder [Completed] within their Microsoft Exchange mailbox - for this folder it would be: \Inbox\Completed\ProjectX
- At this point the emails which have not been deleted from the Microsoft Exchange mailbox folder are synchronized into \Inbox\Completed\ProjectX within GFI Archiver via Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval feature successfully
- Emails which were deleted from \Inbox\ProjectX cannot folder sync anymore and stay in \Inbox\ProjectX
- UserA ends up with both folders within GFI Archiver
- For consistency, UserA desires to have all emails beneath the folder \Inbox\Completed\ProjectX
- This tool is not designed to be used on a mass basis. It should be used by the administrator to move individual folders only and not by the users on a daily basis.
- This tool works against all archive stores. It is best to ensure that no Archive Store is set to "read-only" before using the tool.
- If the source folder is still present in the email source (like the Microsoft Exchange mailbox) it might reappear within GFI Archiver (e.g. when the Folder Structure Retrieval feature processes emails within the folder).
- This tool / script should be ONLY used on installations running the following versions:
- GFI Archiver 2015 SR1: 20150218
- GFI Archiver 2015: 20141117
- GFI MailArchiver 2014: 20140616
- Please ensure to read the readme.txt bundled with the ZIP file
- It is recommended to take a backup of the system including data (Archive Stores) before using this tool / script
- Download the tool / script (see above)
- Read the readme.txt which is bundled with ZIP file for usage instructions