This article describes how to resolve the issue that occurs when a user with administrative rights is unable to access the GFI Archiver configuration page via Internet Explorer on the same server where GFI Archiver is installed (when the same user opens the web page from another computer or when using a different browser the configuration page is visible).
- GFI Archiver
- Internet Explorer
User Account Control is enabled on the GFI Archiver server.
To resolve the issue, you may have to disable the User Account Control (UAC) feature on the GFI Archiver server, if the problem persists even after following step 1 of the process mentioned below:
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and select Run as Administrator.
- If Active Directory is installed on the GFI Archiver server, turn UAC off from the Local Policies:
- Navigate to Start > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies > Security Options.
- Right-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode and select Properties.
- Click Disable.
- Click OK.
Visit the Microsoft Website, which provides information for different operating systems.