A user account is getting locked out. Windows logs state that this is due to the following file:
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
Enter the correct password for the account where needed and change the properties of the account being used in Active Directory so that the password never expires. Preferably, setup a dedicated service account for whatever function the account is being used for, then update the corresponding configuration ensuring to use the current password of the account.
- Check if the locked out account is used under Configuration > Mail Servers to Archive
- Check if the locked out account is used under Configuration > Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval
- Check if the locked out account is used under Configuration > Archive Stores (for each Archive Store, for example to access its binary folder on a UNC path)
- Check if the locked out account is used under Configuration > Archive Stores > Index Management
- Check via services.msc if any of the GFI Archiver services is running under the locked out account
This can be caused by different scenarios in which an account being used does not have its password set to never expire.