- GFI Archiver is running in Windows Authentication mode (this is the default in an Active Directory based installation)
- Must be accessing from the Local Intranet
First we will need to confirm what type of authentication the system is configured to use.
By default, GFI Archiver uses windows based authentication when authenticating users. GFI Archiver also supports forms-based authentication.
Authentication Tool (recommended)
- Run the tool: ..\InstallationFolder\Tools\ChangeAuthentication\GFIChangeAuthenticationTool.exe
- It will show the currently configured mode. Make sure it is Windows Authentication to allow users the capability of automatic logon.
If the Authentication type is already set successfully then the likely culprit is security settings may be set to allow Automatic Logon only on sites specified in your Intranet Zone.
- Open Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet
- Click Internet Options
- Open the Security tab
- Click Local Intranet and select the Sites button
- Click Advanced
- Enter the Archiver URL and click the Add button, then Close, Ok, and Ok
NOTE: The GFI Archiver URL is made up of the following URL structure:
http://<GFI Archiver host name>/<GFI Archiver virtual folder name>
The defaults are shown below
- Modern UI (Only available in v15 or newer) - http://mydomain.com/archiverspa
- Old UI - http://mydomain.com/Archiver
When accessing the web UI from the server itself it might be needed to disable Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration (ESC). This can be done via by opening the Window's Server Manager and selecting Configure IE ESC.