When exporting data from GFI Archiver into a PST file using the Mailbox Restore Tool or the Import Export Tool (IET) the tool crashes or hangs during the export process.
- GFI Archiver
- Any supported environment
The locally installed Microsoft Outlook does not have the latest service pack and patches installed or other environmental factors impact the export process.
GFI Archiver requires Microsoft Outlook to handle any processing related to PST files. The following indicate best practices to prevent generic crashes when handling PST files:
- Ensure that Microsoft Outlook has the latest service pack and patches installed.
- Ensure that Microsoft Windows has the latest service pack and patches installed.
- Ensure that the Microsoft .NET Framework has the latest service pack and patches installed.
- It is recommended to have a newer version of Microsoft Outlook installed rather than an older one (for example: install Microsoft Outlook 2013 instead of 2003).
- It is recommended to have a 64bit version of Microsoft Outlook installed rather than a 32bit version.
- Disable anti-virus software during the export process.
- Reduce other system load while performing exports, for example:
- Stop other applications / services which cause high system load.
- Avoid performing an export during times when maintenance jobs like a system backup are running.
- The Mailbox Restore Tool and the Import Export Tool (IET) can be run remotely (on another computer than the GFI Archiver server). This can be useful in isolating the tool from external and environmental factors which impact the export process.
- Exporting Mailbox to PST Using the Mailbox Restore Tool
- Error: 'MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY' When Exporting to a PST File Using Import Export Tool
- Error: 'The file user.pst has reached its maximum size' When Exporting to a PST File
- Error: 'Unable to cast COM object of type 'Redemption.RDOPstStoreClass' to interface type 'Redemption.IRDOPstStore'' When Exporting to PST
- Exporting Emails from a PST File Error: 'Unhandled Exception Has Occurred in Your Application. Null Email'