PROBLEMDirectory Harvesting not able to query users in Novell's eDirectory environment.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
The default LDAP Services for eDirectory configuration contains a predefined set of class and attribute mappings. These mappings map a subset of LDAP attributes to a subset of eDirectory attributes. If an attribute is not already mapped in the default configuration, an auto-generated map is assigned to the attribute. Also, if the schema name is a valid LDAP name with no spaces or colons, no mappings are required. You should examine the class and attribute mapping and reconfigure as needed.
- In Novell iManager, click the Roles and Tasks button
- Click LDAP > LDAP Overview > View LDAP Groups
- Click an LDAP Group object, then click Attribute Map
- Add, delete or modify the attributes you want
- Because there might be alternate names for certain LDAP attributes (such as CN and common name), you might need to map more than one LDAP attribute to a corresponding eDirectory attribute name. When LDAP Services for eDirectory returns LDAP attribute information, it returns the value of the first matched attribute it locates in the list.
- If you map multiple LDAP attributes to a single eDirectory attribute, you should reorder the list to prioritize which attribute should take precedence because the order is significant
- Click Apply, then click OK
More information can be found here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir873/?page=/documentation/edir873/edir873/data/h0000007.html
There are no mappings or incorrect mappings to user accounts in eDirectory that are required for Directory Harvesting to query it.