Some emails appear to lose their formatting after being processed by GFI MailEssentials. Some of the processed emails will show the following characteristics:
- The font size is increased.
- Some texts are missing at the bottom of an email.
- The attachments might go missing or corrupt.
- Some emails might get delivered several times.
- GFI MailEssentials
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6
This dot-stuffing problem was caused by GFI MailEssentials.
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run. Type regedit ).
- Browse to:
- x86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\Config
- x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\Config
- Create a new DWORD(32) value called 'AdapterDotStuffing' with value 1.
- Restart the GFI AV Scan Engine service.
Note: Should the problem persists after applying the registry changes above, it is recommended to download and apply the Microsoft hotfix for Internet Information Services 6.0 documented at: MS922035.