When downloading updates for GFI MailEssentials the error 'A redirect request will change a secure to a non-secure connection' is encountered.
This may appear in Update Failure notification email or in the specified update log file (..\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam\Debuglogs\audldownload.log):
"error ","audldownload","A redirect request will change a secure to a non-secure connection"
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
There is a hidden popup that requires confirmation to continue when changing from a secure to non-secure website.
- Download Microsoft PsTools.
- Open the install directory of the PsTools in a command prompt.
- Run the following command:
psexec -s -i "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".
- This opens Internet Explorer as the system account.
- Remove the check from "Show a popup each time the connection went from secure to non-secure" if available.
- Remove the check from "Warn if changing from secure to non-secure mode is not selected" if available.
- Restart all GFI MailEssentials services.