PROBLEMWhen downloading updates for GFI MailEssentials the error 'A redirect request will change a secure to a non-secure connection' is encountered.
This may appear in a Update Failure notification email or in the specified update log file such as: ..\GFI\MailEssentials\AntiSpam\Debuglogs\audldownload.log
error ","audldownload","A redirect request will change a secure to a non-secure connection
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
- Download the Microsoft PsTools (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553)
- Open the install directory of the PsTools in a Command Prompt
- Run the following command: psexec -s -i "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
- This opens Internet Explorer as the system account
- Remove the check from "Show a popup each time the connection went from secure to unsecure" if available
- Remove the check from "Warn if changing from secure to insecure mode is not selected" if available
- Restart all GFI MailEssentials services