GFI MailEssentials is installed on a server that is not part of the Microsoft Active Directory. Directory Harvesting test fails with the following error: "error ","Lookup operation failed! [Internal error: 0x80004005, (null)" in the log file ase_dirharvest.gfi_log.txt.
- GFI MailEssentials
- The server that is not a member of the Microsoft Active Directory.
Base DN is incorrect or the default port of
389 is not open to the global catalog server.
- Open GFI MailEssentials Configuration.
- Click Directory Harvesting > Properties.
- Select Use LDAP lookups.
- Enter the IP address of your global catalog server.
- Enter port
- Click on the text field for Base DN and hit the spacebar once.
- Add administrator credentials with permissions to perform the lookup and click Apply.
- Send a test message from an external account to an account you know does not exist and monitor to ensure that the error does not display again.