PROBLEMThe following error is shown when accessing the GFI MailEssentials Web Configuration UI:
Server Error in '/MailEssentials' Application.
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.
Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
- GFI MailEssentials
- all supported environments
SOLUTIONThis error can be caused by security settings which stand in conflict with the requirements of the GFI MailEssentials Web Configuration UI.
To fix this manually:
- Go to the <Windows Directory>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.xxxx\CONFIG directory
- Open the file 'machine.config' with a text editor (for example, Notepad)
- Search for a section which says <location allowOverride="false">
- Change to <location allowOverride="true">
- Restart the IISAdmin Service and its dependencies