The message 'SMTP service installation requested' appears when installing on a Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 Server.
- GFI MailEssentials 2012 and later
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and later
NOTE: IIS SMTP service is not required in these environments and can conflict with Exchange 2007/2010.
- Secure a copy of the MailEssentials Config.mdb
- Edit the database in Microsoft Access
- Open the tb_general table and add a path for the Pickup and Replay directories if missing
- Open the tb_exchenv table and change the modexch value to reflect the correct version of Exchange
- 0: MES not installed on Exchange
- 1: MES installed on Exchange 2000
- 2: MES installed on Exchange 2003
- 3: MES installed on Exchange 2007
- 4: MES installed on Exchange 2010
- 5: MES installed on Exchange 2013
- 6: MES installed on Exchange 2016
- Save the updated database and back up the original
- Stop the MailEssentials services and replace the original with this updated copy. Restart the services and retry the upgrade or installation.