Product: GFI MailEssentials 2012
- The Keyword Checking module which in GFI MailEssentials 2010 formed part of the anti-spam modules has been re-included in the spam filters list. The module’s name has been changed to 'Spam Keyword Checking'.
The stand-alone Sender Policy Framework filter which formed part of the GFI MailEssentials 2010 anti-spam modules has been re-included in the spam filters list. Unlike the SPF functionality within SpamRazer, this filter can be set to run prior to the Whitelist functionality.
- On operating systems where the platform was not English (UK\US), Italian, German, Russian or Spanish, the Email Management & Synchronization Agent consoles could not be launched due to missing files
- User interface of GFI MailEssentials could not be accessed due to a 'wrong or no credentials were provided' error
- Report generation was not working when GFI MailEssentials was configured to run in Local Mode
- Quarantine search in GFI MailEssentials installed on a Microsoft Exchange Edge server does not work
- Emails which contained valid compressed files such as GZ, WMZ and EMZ were identified as corrupted archives by the Decompression Engine
- Whitelisted emails were not being added to the reporting database
- An email containing a large chunk of text without spaces will cause the Anti Phishing and URI DNS Blocklist spam filters to enter an infinite loop and stop email processing
- The functionality for blocking corrupted archives was not deleting temporary files which are generated when a corrupt archive is analyzed. The temporary files were being created in the MailEssentials\EmailSecurity temp folder
- The Auto Whitelist module was not detecting and ignoring out of office replies sent in German\Italian\Spanish\Russian
- The Greylist filter’s advanced settings, which are configurable through registry, were not being retained when performing an upgrade
- On a 64 bit Microsoft Windows 2008 with IIS, the disabling of email processing through Switchboard was failing with the following error: 'The system cannot find the file specified'
- If the RSS virtual directory name is modified from the Switchboard on Microsoft Windows 2008 Small Business Server, the RSS pages will display the error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'
- When the Auto Whitelist had a large number of entries above its limit, it could take a long time to delete the items, and this caused email flow to slow down
- Web addresses contained within emails which started with 'www' but which didn’t have 'http://' preceding the address were not identified & filtered by the Anti-Phishing spam filter
- The Switchboard was incorrectly showing the tab & settings of the 'Move to Exchange' action when GFI MailEssentials was installed on a Microsoft Exchange 2010 Hub Only role
- An email with different SMTP & MIME sender email addresses was saved by the Quarantine 'Whitelist and approve' functionality as two separate sender email addresses in the whitelist database. This has been changed to have the SMTP address saved to a Whitelist SMTP address and the MIME address saved to a Whitelist MIME address
- The text written in the additional information text box of the troubleshooter wizard was not being saved within the troubleshooter files
- No records displayed when using the ‘Show Statistics’ button in the Whitelist configuration
- Anti-virus engines which were not licensed were being displayed in the Dashboard updates tab with a 'failed update' instead of 'not licensed' status
A wrong message was being displayed when an email was approved from quarantine digest and the same email was already deleted from quarantine
The latest version of GFI MailEssentials can be downloaded from http://www.gfi.com/downloads/mirrors.aspx?pid=me