AnswerIf an attachment checking rule is set up to block all attachments except the listed ones, GFI MailEssentials will block files that do not have a file extension. Even if those files are in the list of allowed attachments.
To allow attachments without a file extension, please follow this procedure:
- Open the Windows Registry (Start > Run > Type Regedit and press Enter)
- Navigate to the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\Engines\AttachChecker]
- On a x64bit systems, browse to to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\Engines\AttachChecker]
- Change the 'BlockFiles_NoExt' dword value to 0 and close the registry
- Restart the GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Service and the GFI MailEssentials EmailSecurity Attendant Service