In order to find out how many licenses MailEssentials will count, you will need to run a query in Active Directory or LDAP, depending upon your mail server environment.
For installations that use Active Directory:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right-click the domain object and select Find.
- Click the drop-down list next to Find, and then select Custom Search.
4. From the next screen, select the Advanced tab.
- Copy and paste the below statement under Enter LDAP query:
(&(objectClass=person)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113522.214.171.1243:=2))(mail=*)(samAccountName=*))If MailEssentials is outside of the DMZ on an IIS/SMTP or Edge Transport Server with LDAP installed, you will need to run the following script in an LDAP query:
(|(mail=<user email address>)(proxyAddresses=smtp:<user email address>))