PROBLEMThe mail monitoring rules do not monitor emails sent from or to the GFI MailEssentials administrator (specified under the General Properties) and the email address to which the monitored emails are being sent to. They might also not be monitoring emails for regular users as well.
- GFI MailEssentials
- All supported environments
SOLUTIONIf this is pertaining to inbound external emails, close and re-open the GFI MailEssentials configuration console after saving the changes. If this is pertaining to internal-to-internal emails, please note that mail monitoring rules will not work for emails sent between internal users of the same information store.
If no email copies are being delivered at all, this may be due to a missing information in the config.mdb in regard to the specified directory path of the Pickup folder. Open the config.mdb (Database location ...GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\Config.mdb) and check the tb_general table to ensure the Pickup path is properly defined. Mail Monitoring will not be able to deliver to the recipient folder otherwise.
- Gather a copy of the customers config.mdb (Database location ...GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\Config.mdb)
- Open the database using Microsoft Access and navigate to the tb_general table
- Verify that the correct Exchange pickup paths are located in the table (Remove blank tables if they are listed below the actual pickup path)
- Replace the config.mdb with your current database by doing the following steps
- Stop the smtp service or Microsoft Transport service
- Stop all MailEssentials services taking note of any dependencies
- Navigate to the MailEssentials installation directory and find a file called config.mdb (C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam)
- Rename config.mdb to old_config.mdb
- Drop the edited config.mdb that you added the pickup paths in access into the above location
- Restart all services from steps 1 and 2
- If the monitoring rules still do not apply, contact support.