PROBLEMEither 'Move to Subfolder' or 'Specify user account' is missing in the GFI MailEssentials configuration when trying to determine the email actions. There is no prompt to enter impersonation credentials dialog during the post-installation wizard.
- GFI MailEssentials
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 or later
- Secure a copy of the config.mdb from the GFI MailEssentials installation folder (MailEssentials\Antispam in GFI MailEssentials).
- Open the database in Microsoft Access.
- Modify the tb_exchenv table.
- Under modexch, ensure that the proper value is present:
- "3" for Exchange 2007
- "4" for Exchange 2010
- "5" for Exchange 2013
- "6" for Exchange 2016
- The mailbox role will have to be installed on this server.
- Change the value to match the current version of Microsoft Exchange server.
Occasionally, the config.mdb does not get upgraded or rewritten properly during the GFI MailEssential migration. This can cause that the information about the Microsoft Exchange version is mismatched, hence hiding the option to select an impersonation account.
- In Microsoft Exchange 2007, GFI MailEssentials uses WEBDAV to route emails to subfolders. It only uses Microsoft Exchange Web Services (EWS) for public folder scanning. Therefore, an impersonation account is not required and the option is hidden.
- In Microsoft Exchange 2010 and later, EWS is required to move emails into the subfolder and a user account must be specified to complete the email action successfully