When upgrading to GFI MailEssentials 2015, the license window does not display during the installation in order to enter a new license key. The following error is displayed:
The license key specified is invalid. Please recheck your license key and try again.
GFI MailEssentials 2015.
If the upgrade is stuck and cannot continue, contact GFI Customer Support for assistance. If the upgrade completes after the error message, follow these steps to enter the license key manually in the
- Stop the SMTP/Transport service and all GFI MailEssentials services.
- Create copies of the following two database files onto a machine with Microsoft Access or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Base:
- Open config.mdb and update the
Registrationtable with the serial key.
- Open the avapicfg.mdb and update the
serialfield in the
TB_Generaltable with the serial key.
- Pause the Transport Service if MailEssentials is installed on the same machine as Exchange.
- Ensure MailEssentials services are disabled and there are no processes locking the files you are about to work with.
- Copy the files back to the directory into where they were copied from. You may wish to rename the old MDB files as a backup.
- Restart all the services and un-pause the Transport Service.
- Open a Command Prompt and browse to the following folder ...\GFI\MailEssentials\.
- Run the e2k7 wizard to refresh the GFI MailEssentials settings by executing the following command:
If the installation is still unsuccessful a manual uninstall may be required. Please contact GFI Customer Support for assistance.