With Kerio Connect 9.2.7 it's necessary to update the Kerio Updater Service, now we are signing Kerio Outlook Connector with GFI Certificate
- Kerio Outlook Connector asks for Admin Credentials after upgrade to 9.2.7
- Upgrade from Kerio Connect 9.2.6 (or lower) to 9.2.7 (or higher)
- Upgrading server to Kerio Connect 9.2.7 is followed by an automatic update of Kerio Outlook Connector which requires to enter administrator login information for the update to proceed, UAC (User Account Control) asks to enter Admin Credentials.
- UAC is a feature of Windows Vista and higher designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer.
- This is a crucial feature that makes your computer much more secure.
- With Kerio Connect 9.2.7 it's necessary to update the Kerio Updater Service, now we are signing Kerio Outlook Connector with GFI Certificate, new certificate is added to the Trusted Publishers certificate store on local computers.
- Update with Admin Credentials is necessary and will happen only once, with any upcoming there will be no need to input credentials again.
- Input admin credentials when required, admin credentials are necessary due to Kerio Updater Service certificate change, this will happen only once, with any upcoming there will be no need to input credentials again.
- It's also possible to use Group Policy in Active Directory to deploy the Outlook Connector Client (MSI) to machines connected to the domain in the same way as it was installed in the first time.
- Another way to resolve this issue would be to disable Kerio Outlook Connector automatic updates on the server site and keep using old version although it's not recommended.