Release Date: July 5th, 2016
Supported upgrade versions:
¥ 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3, 7.0.3u1 and 7.4.1, 7.4.2
¥ 6.4.6, 6.4.7
- The supported upgrade path from 6.x is to upgrade to 6.4.3 or later first. Then upgrade to 7.0.0.
- The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
- v7.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocols. If you are installing v7.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3
- This version was released with a new set of virtual images that are running 7.4.1 by default. If your environment already contains configured virtual machines running an older version, please upgrade to 6.4.3 first and follow the upgrade path above described.
- Must have 8Gb of RAM
- 3062, 4061r2 (with 8 Gb upgrade), 4061r3, 4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 8063, 10060, 10062, 10063, 12063, Virtual Appliance
- 2061, 4010 and 4061 (r1 and r2 with 2 and 4Gb configurations) are not supported with ExOS 7.x.x due to lack of adequate RAM. For conditions under which these devices can be upgraded to v7.x.x please refer to KB Article number 1896
Link to download the software image:
- Size: 675,189,100 bytes
- MD5 Hash: 1e09702e335671a118def9a7005ae1cb
Major New Features
ExOS 7.4.3 includes new Hardware and Software features. The following sections provide some detail.
Note: Appliances require 8Gb RAM to properly run 7.4.3.
New Hardware Appliance
Exinda 8063: Designed for Data Center Ð Up to 20,000 Diagnostic & Control Users | 2,000 Acceleration Users.
- Maximum Diagnostics BW = 5 Gbps
- Maximum Shaping BW = 5 Gbps
- Maximum Acceleration BW = 150 Mbps
- Optimized Connections = 25,000
- Max Concurrent Flows = 500,000
- Form Factor = 1U Rack Mount
- Data Store/Cache Size = 2 TB, RAID 10
- Memory: 32GB
- NICs (Default) = 1 Management, 1 Cluster, IPMI Support
- Interface NIC Slots = 1 Half Height Occupied, 1 Full Height
- Expandable to 4 Bypass Bridges
- Redundant Power
New Software Features
- DPI Engine. The appliance now implements a new revision of DPI engine that provides numerous enhancements both to engine performance and signature coverage.
- QX Probe on Appliance. The appliance now allows the QX Probe to run on the vHost. This enables path detection and diagnostics required by QX Boost Lite for Skype for Business.
- Management Data Channel. In applications involving management, the appliance now implements a secure tunnel mechanism for communication to the management entity.
- IPMI Version 2.23 on 3062 and 4062. Enables latest IPMI version on identified appliances.
New L7 Signatures
- Crashplan Pro
- EA Origin
- Pochta Rossii
- After School
Improved L7 Signatures
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- After School
- Amazon Cloud
- Amazon Shop
- Android OS Update
- ANts P2P
- Blackberry Mail
- Blackberry Messenger
- Channel 4oD
- Crashplan Pro
- Demand 5
- EA Origin
- Fuze Meeting
- Google Cloud
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Google Encrypted
- Google Play
- Google Play Music
- Google Plus
- Google Talk
- ICQ Webchat
- IOS OS Update
- IPSEC over UDP
- iTunes Radio
- Kakao Talk
- MyMusic TW
- Norton Antivirus
- Open FT
- Pochta Rossii
- QQ Games
- Sina Weibo
- Skype for Business - FileTransfer
- Skype Voice
- Windows Azure
- Windows Phone OS Update
- Windows Updates
- Yahoo IM
- Yahoo WebMail
- Zoho Work Online
- D-06162 - Exinda crashes when IPv6 traffic passes through. A debugging trace for IPv6 was left on. Issue resolved in 7.4.4 (To be released yet). Workaround in KB article number 1708.
- D-05814 Ð Windows Update Misclassification
- D-04898 Ð DVC per user limit not applied with MQ per VC mode
- D-05029 Ð Unexpected shutdowns due to Edge Cache
- D-05059 Ð Edge Cache always uses web policy QoS.
- D-05260 Ð Exinda cannot generate any PDF reports due to missing file in /tmp.
- D-04963 Ð Users with 'monitor' permissions can start and stop optimizer service.
- D-05118 Ð IOS/Apple apps not being cached
- D-05056 Ð Traffic bouncing between policies when egdgecache enabled.
- D-05131 Ð Unable to log in to web UI - it states username/password incorrect.
- D-04965 Ð 'Ecache' is using 99% CPU.
- D-05907 Ð Common name and Host fields are not populated when editing Application signatures
- D-05901 Ð User interface is not correct for editing the Windows Updating definitions.
- D-05906 Ð The traffic of Windows Update is not classified with sufficient detail but rather as "HTTP[URL]".
- D-05027 Ð Crashplan Pro, a cloud backup service, is being incorrectly classified as Skype, Skype Video or Skype.
- D-05891 Ð The Netflix main flow is not classified correctly.
- D-06013 Ð Update the app ID for WAN side flows when tproxying (related to D-05056)
- B-06713 Ð User can disable the DDoS mitigation feature added in version 7.4.2 so that the tcp health historical count works properly.
- D-05892 Ð YouTube may be improperly classified as Skype Voice on middle Exinda
- D-05873 Ð Process Crash in statsd, clusterd, sched,snmpd at pxe to 703u1 then upgrade to 220.127.116.1188 (this is not reproducible)
If looking to upgrade RAM on Older Hardware
For the 4061R1 platform (org. shipped with 2GB RAM and 250GB HDD in 2010) please order Crucial part # CT1152100
Crucial 8GB Kit (2 X 4GB) PC3-8500 DDR3-1066MHz ECC Unbuffered CL7 240-Pin DIMM Memory Mfr P/N CT1152099
For the 4061R2 platform (org shipped with 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD in 2011) please order 1 or 2 Crucial part # CT2937280
Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 ECC UDIMM - DDR3L PC3L-12800 ¥ CL=11 ¥ Unbuffered ¥ ECC ¥ DDR3L-1600 ¥ 1.35V ¥ 1024Meg x 72
For the 6060 platform please order between 1 and 4 Crucial part # CT5194490
Crucial 16GB DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM | Specs: DDR3 PC3-12800 ¥ CL=11 ¥ Dual Ranked ¥ x4 based ¥ Registered ¥ ECC ¥ DDR3-1600 ¥ 1.35V ¥ 2048Meg x 72 ¥