This article explains the process on how to troubleshoot shows if SNMP monitoring tool(whatupgold, spectrum, solarwinds etc) shows worng status about Exinda.
e.g.:-Its shows optimizer is always off
One of the reasons is that the SNMP monitoring tool is sending the wrong OID value for the Exinda parameter is being monitored.
1) On the SNMP monitoring tool check the OID value for the EXinda parameter being monitored. This article shows OID values for EXinda: OID for a specific SNMP alert
2) If the OID is correct, there is still a chance monitoring tool can send wrong OID. For verifying that, get pcaps from the Exinda. On the Exinda GUI Under system ----> Diagnostics ---> TCP Dump
Please filter the management ip of the Exinda.(host 10.10.10.20)
3) Start polling the Exinda from the SNMP tool. Stop the tcpdump on the Exinda and download pcaps to analyze in wireshark.
Below screen shot for reference. The wireshark shows SNMP get-request and SNMP get-response. Compare the OID value and the Get-response value.
1) If the OID values are correct and the Exinda is reporting the correct status value. Then There is no issue with the Exinda. Open case with the vendor of SNMP monitoring tool.
2) If the OID value in the get-request is wrong even if the correct is configured on the tool or SNMPtool is not sending any MIB requests. Deleting and adding the object on the SNMP tool may resolve the issue.
If the issue still exists contact please log case with Exinda support team.