Exinda can accelerate SSL traffic. The basic setup requires the following:
- Two Exindas which will participate in the process of acceleration.
- Both the Exindas should have the certificate and private key for that SSL traffic decryption and encryption.
- A policy to accelerate HTTPS.
The article explains how to configure SSL Acceleration.
Follow the steps given below:
- Go to System > Certificates > Certificates.
- Upload the certificate and the private key for the SSL site/traffic on both the Exindas.
- Alternately, a user can generate a certificate on the Exinda for the same and use that instead. Both the Exindas should have the same certificate.
- Go to System > Optimization > SSL.
- Add the details of the server hosting the encrypted traffic.
- Point out which certificate is to be used from the dropdown for Certificate.
- Choose the Validation Mechanism.
- Repeat these steps on both the Exindas.
- Once done, the user sees a green check mark validating that the Exindas are now set for SSL Acceleration.
- Go to the Optimizer and create a policy for the application HTTPS.
- Mark this policy for acceleration.
Now, any new SSL flows from the server mentioned above will be accelerated as long as the certificates are accurate.
In Real-Time monitor, the user will see a "lock" icon in front of the yellow striped accelerated flows.