SummarySystem health warning: email/alert --> /var/data/monitor full
OverviewDashboard System Health shows "Warning" --> System Disk Full /var/data/monitor
This warning indicates that there is a lot of data under /var/data/monitor and it doesn't have enough disk space left to store that data.
CauseThis happens when
1. Device originally was on some version 6 firmware and user upgrades to version 7 and above.
Version 7 of Exinda's firmware has enhanced reporting and monitoring. Hence it uses more disk space to store data.
ResolutionIncrease disk space for monitoring partition under System --> Setup --> Storage.
Generally disk space can be borrowed from :Virt, Edge-cache or Cifs if any of those are not being used currently.
Steps to allocate disk space to monitor partition
1. Reduce the value of total disk space on the partition where disk space is being borrowed from and click on "resize".
2. Let the operation complete
3. Increase the value of total disk on monitor partition by the amount of space taken from step 1. Click on Resize
4. Let the operation complete.
Please note: If any of the disk where you are borrowing or giving disk space to is encrypted, decrypt the disk prior to making any changes
Additional InformationFor any additional issues please contact Exinda support.
Please note that if accidentally 'formatting' the monitor partition, this can cause issues with the web UI, as the database will no longer be online and the web UI process will lose connection to it. This will result in, at very least, the web UI reporting 'Session is no longer valid'.